Join the Merry-Hill Team
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at Merry-Hill. We are a family business built on the principle of building repeat business through exceptional customer service. We provide a safe and exciting work environment that supports its team members and helps them grow. We encourage our staff to participate in the game of golf and we hope that they take the same enjoyment out of the facility that our guests do! We are currently looking to hire for the following positions:
Golf Teaching Professional
The team at Merry-Hill Golf Club is looking for passionate golf professionals to join us on our journey to grow the game of golf! Focusing on junior and female golf, our successful candidate will lead both private and group lessons, and be actively involved in our junior golf development programs which include, but are not limited to, the junior league and summer camp program.
Your responsibilities will include: taking an active role in generating lesson demand, golf coaching, player development, summer camp and junior golf programming, using professional judgement and expertise to recommend lesson content, participating in marketing and promotional activities as requested, actively participating in continuing education to enhance coaching skills, performing daily opening and closing functions, assist in day-to-day operations of the teaching facility, and any additional tasks requested by the Management Team.
Qualifications required include a professional teaching certification/designation in good standing, exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills, and previous experience with teaching.
Email your resume to Carly Peister
Player's Assistants and Starter Positions
In preparation for our 2023 season we are accepting applications for our Player's Assistants (Marshalls), and Starters that would like to join our team. We will not be hiring until the Spring of 2023 but would like to start reviewing applicants while golf is still on everyone's mind.
These positions are responsible for maintaining the pace of play on the golf course, encouraging golfers to ensure they receive full enjoyment of the facility and supporting all other departments in providing exceptional customer service. These are outdoor positions that require excellent organizational skills and a passion for the game. Some additional requirements:
- Minimum availability of 3 days/week
- Availability to work up to 8 hours/day
- Have extensive knowledge of golf etiquette and the rules of the game
- Excellent customer service skills
- Leadership and problem-solving Skills
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Smart Serve is an asset (required for PA position)
Age requirement is 20 years minimum.
Email your resume or a cover letter indicating which position(s) you would be interested in to Gillian Primeau
Human Resources Manager
McLean-Peister Group of Companies is seeking a Human Resource Manager with a focus on our Golf Line of Business. This is an exciting opportunity within our award-winning, employee-focused organization. Join our team and help us build an unparalleled golf experience for our customers at two locations - Innerkip Highlands Golf Club and Merry-Hill Golf Club.
Why Join Our Team?
We're looking for like-minded individuals who share our passion for providing exceptional service and building a loyal customer base. As a family-owned business, we take pride in our reputation for providing excellent golf course conditions and memorable experiences. Our team values openness, respect, and collaboration, and we provide our employees with opportunities to grow professionally and personally. We offer a great atmosphere, discounts on golf and merchandise, and support for your professional development.
As the Human Resources Manager, you will be an integral part of our leadership team. You'll have the opportunity to focus on building and implementing effective people strategies that attract, develop, and retain employees. You'll be the sole HR resource to a dynamic organization supporting both Innerkip Highlands Golf Club and Merry-Hill Golf Club, as well as the parent company. Your time will be spent on talent acquisition strategy and execution, building an effective talent pipeline, and providing a full range of HR services to our organization.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all recruitment, hiring, and termination activities before and during the golf season, including:
- Review, and update job descriptions to ensure they accurately reflect the requirements and responsibilities of each position.
- Post job openings on job boards, websites, social media, and other relevant platforms.
- Filter and sort through resumes to rate & shortlist candidates and verify references.
- Assist managers with the interview process by preparing interview questions, evaluating candidate responses, and providing feedback to hiring managers.
- Design and oversee employee and manager performance review processes, including setting goals, providing feedback, and developing action plans for improvement.
- Compile the onboarding paperwork and submit it to the Office Manager.
- Conduct exit interviews with departing employees to gather feedback on their experience and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement initiatives to enhance staff morale and foster a positive work environment, such as staff appreciation days & barbeques, recognition of service & birthdays, and employee events such as staff match play.
- Apply for and manage government programs, such as the Student Summer Jobs program, to attract and retain talent.
- Develop programs for hiring co-op students & volunteers.
View the complete job posting here.
Email a copy of your resume to Carly Peister
Hiring for the following positions has been placed on hold until Spring 2023:
- Restaurant Server / Bartender
Provides exceptional customer service and experience for our golfers. Assist the Golf Shop and Beverage Cart staff to provide an excellent golf experience with both indoors and outdoors. SmartServe and food handlers certificates are required.
- Golf Shop Sales Attendant
Actively facilitates booking tee times in person and over the phone; provides accurate check-ins for golfers, retail sales and product knowledge; supports back shop and bistro staff in providing exceptional customer service. Communicates effectively with Starters and Player's Assistants to ensure a smooth and enjoyable golfing experience for all guests. Age requirement is 17 years minimum.
- Back Shop Team Member
Ensures the readiness and cleanliness of our power cart fleet, supports the Golf Shop and Bistro staff in ensuring the cleanliness of our facility and helps to provide our guests with the best golfing experience possible. Entry Level Position.
- Beverage Cart Attendant
The coveted position of providing an extension of our Bistro services on the beverage cart for on-course guest satisfaction. You must be outgoing, enthusiastic and eager to provide excellent customer service outside throughout the season. SmartServe certification and an audition video are required.
- Junior Golf Assistant
Responsible for supervising junior golf programs at Merry-Hill Golf Club, as well as completing the administrative duties associated with these programs. This includes, but is not limited to overseeing the junior league (July and August), and summer camp program, as well as managing the staff and volunteers for these programs.