Join the Merry-Hill Team
Are you ready to drive your career to new heights? Join our dynamic team in the exciting golf industry, where opportunities for professional development abound, and doors open to numerous industries. As a family-oriented business, our foundation rests upon the fundamental principle of cultivating enduring customer relationships through unparalleled service. Our commitment extends to fostering a secure and dynamic work environment that nurtures the professional development of our team members.
At Merry-Hill, we prioritize the well-being and growth of our staff, providing a supportive atmosphere conducive to personal and career advancement. We actively encourage our team to engage in the sport of golf, aiming for them to derive the same level of enjoyment from our facility as our valued guests. Embark on a rewarding journey with us and become an integral part of our team. Elevate your career in the thriving golf industry, where every day presents a new opportunity to showcase your skills and passion. Apply now to drive your future success!
Currently Hiring for the 2024 Season!
Summer Camp Coaches
Join our team as a Summer Camp Coach and become a key player in creating lasting memories for our campers! This outdoor position is perfect for individuals with a passion for children, excellent communication skills, and a zest for leading engaging activities. As a Summer Camp Coach, you'll be responsible for supervising and leading golf camp activities, ensuring every camper has a fun and safe experience. Your outgoing and enthusiastic personality will shine as you engage with children, think creatively, and foster a love for the game of golf.
Why Choose Us:
- Thrive in a dynamic environment that encourages creativity, out-of-the-box thinking, and enthusiasm.
- Be a part of a team that values fun, safety, and the development of lifelong skills in a beautiful outdoor setting.
- Enjoy the rewards of making a positive impact on children's lives while sharing your passion for the game of golf.
- Completing set-up requirements before the start of camp, ensuring a smooth beginning to each day.
- Greeting campers and parents with a friendly welcome, setting a positive tone for the day.
- Supervising campers through various stations, teaching associated skills, and fostering teamwork.
- Managing any conflicts among campers in your group with patience and positivity.
- Overseeing campers during snack/lunch breaks, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Cleaning up all stations at the end of the day, leaving everything organized and ready for the next adventure.
- Supervising campers on the course when required, ensuring a safe and enjoyable golfing experience.
- Previous experience in teaching, coaching, or volunteering with children is a must. Golf-related experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to use age-appropriate language.
- A respectful and professional demeanor, following provided teaching scripts and manuals.
- Passion for outdoor activities and creating a positive, inclusive camp environment.
- A vulnerable sector check will be required for any staff over the age of 18 years.
Power Cart Technician
As a Power Cart Technician, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the smooth operation of our electric power carts, contributing to the overall experience of our valued golfers. This position is a part-time position with approximately 500 hours, 2 or 3 shifts per week, allowing for work-life balance, from April through until September.
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain electric power carts to ensure peak performance.
- Thrive in both independent and team-oriented work settings, demonstrating flexibility as job demands vary.
- Effectively communicate through verbal and written channels to convey technical information and updates.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on power carts, adhering to the highest standards of quality and safety.
- Document all repairs and work performed, maintaining accurate records for future reference.
- Safely handle batteries, including adding water, moving, and cleaning as part of routine maintenance.
- Undertake tasks such as rewiring carts, basic electrical repairs, switches, and lights, and inspect safety systems, including braking systems.
- Adhere to all company safety rules and policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, safety boots, gloves, and hard hats as required.
- Utilize basic tools provided, with the possibility of using personal tools as needed.
- Previous experience as a mechanic or technician is considered a valuable asset.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with basic experience working on electrical systems.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude, contributing to a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs repetitively; physical fitness is essential for this occasionally demanding role.
- Proficient in working with basic hand tools, ensuring precision and efficiency in tasks.
- Experience driving golf carts or other motor vehicles, confidently navigating tight spaces forward and in reverse.
- Comfortable working safely in a shop environment around moving heavy machinery.