Register your child for one of our junior summer camp programs!
With lots of fun to be had each day, your child is sure to leave with a smile on their face and a new love for the game of golf.
At Merry-Hill Golf Club, we provide specialized instruction for junior golfers with varying levels of experience. Each day your child will learn and develop new skills from our Head Teaching Professional and U.S Kids Certified Coach, Carly. Along with her team of assistants, many aspects of your child's golf game will be developed, including driving, chipping, and most importantly, putting!
COVID-19 Camp Precautions
- Campers will be broken up into small groups of 4-6 participants, with a designated coach. (We will be allowing up to 25 campers per session)
- Learning stations will run in a "circuit training style" where campers will rotate through different stations
- Physical distancing will be practiced and enforced with the use of cones, hula hoops, and with the help of campers playing the role of "assistant safety coach"
- Golf balls will regularly be cleaned with soap and water
- Hand sanitizer and soap will be provided to practice healthy hand hygiene
- Limited use and sharing of teaching aids/equipment
- If requested by coaches or campers, a face mask or face shield will be worn
- In the event that campers cannot maintain physical distancing, they may be asked to wear a mask or face shield. Subject to provincial regulations.
- Snacks and drinks will no longer be provided, so please send your child with whatever they may need for the day
- If a parent/grandparent would like to volunteer to help supervise and maintain physical distancing, please contact Carly
- Details regarding drop-off and pick-up protocols will be sent to you the week before camp begins
Who should come to camp?
Anyone and everyone who has a love for sports and activities! Our golf camps focus on golf for the entire week! No soccer will be played, and 1-hour lunch breaks aren't for us. We offer both half-day and full-day camps, for juniors at different ages, so everyone can experience fun at the golf course. If you have a question about signing your child up in a different age group, email us today.
What happens at golf camp?
Besides having a ton of fun, we use our time each day to learn about golf! This starts with morning golf-specific stretches and warm-up routines, followed by lessons on swing mechanics, and proper short game techniques. Almost all of our learning is game-based, proving to increase enjoyment, focus, and skills!
The maximum number of students per coach will be 6:1. This program is consistent with the CN Future Links Program as developed by the RCGA (Golf Canada).
What is the difference between half-day and full-day camp?
Half-day camps include a mid-morning snack each day and 9 holes of golf on Friday.
Full-day camps include both a mid-morning snack and lunch each day, as well as 9 holes of golf every afternoon. Due to the longer nature of full-day camps, you will notice that this camp is specific for juniors over 10 years of age.
What should I be sending with my child?
Summer camps are held outside every day, so please send your child with appropriate outdoor clothing and sun protection, as well as a change of clothes in case we play in the sprinklers to cool off. In the event of poor weather, raingear should also be sent! If your child is a picky eater or has specific dietary needs, we recommend packing them extra snacks as we often cannot accommodate special requests.
Where do we meet for camp?
Each morning during camp, there will be a tent set up outside, just beside our big practice putting green. You can meet your instructors there each morning. If you arrive before the tent is set up, or before the instructors are outside, please feel free to practice your putting on the green.
When does camp run?
Golf camp begins at 9:00 am each morning and concludes at either 12:00 pm (half-day) or 3:00 pm (full-day). It is during those hours that your child will be supervised. If you need to arrive earlier or pick up later, your child is welcome to hang around outside or in the clubhouse, but please be aware that we currently do not offer extended supervision.
2020 Summer Golf Camp Schedule
|Dates||Ages||Full-Day Option Available||Time|
July 6 - 10
|6 - 9 years||no||
9:00 - 12:00 pm
|July 13 - 17||10 - 14 years||yes||9:00 - 12:00 pm (half-day)|
9:00 - 3:00 pm (full day)
|July 20 - 24||6 - 9 years||no||
9:00 - 12:00 pm
|July 27 - 31||10 - 14 years||yes||9:00 - 12:00 pm (half-day)|
9:00 - 3:00 pm (full day)
|August 10 - 14||6 - 9 years||no||9:00 - 12:00 pm|
|August 17 - 21||8 - 11 years||no||9:00 - 12:00 pm|
| Half-Day Camp Fee: $240 +HST | Full-Day Camp Fee: $400 +HST | Rental Club Fee: $35 +HST |
Junior golf clubs can be rented for the entire week at $35 +HST. Take them home, pack the bag with snacks, and let your kids practice! At the end of the week, that set of golf clubs can be purchased (if you wish) for the retail price less your rental fee.
*Camps require a minimum of 5 participants to run. Full refunds will be given if the camp is canceled.
Please read over our cancellation policy here. In order to receive a refund, your cancellation must be made at least 3 weeks prior to the start date.
- Supervision ends at the end of each lesson. Parents, please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the end of your child’s lesson.
- If there are questions/issues regarding the age or ability of your child, please contact Carly Peister.
- Merry-Hill is not a nut-free facility and is not responsible for individual food allergies or intolerances.